Subject: Re: 802.11
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Atsushi Onoe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 08/27/2002 15:25:06
> Could y'all out there in 802.11-land please get in touch with me
> via return email?
Hmm, here is my TODO list, some of the item stay too long here, though.
- make ieee80211subr.c more generalized. some of the code
can be shared even among the drivers with comlex firmware,
such as wi, an.
- also handle hostap in ieee80211subr.c, since AP should work
very similar with IBSS mode.
- define parameters to be general in various 802.11 drivers,
and implement in ioctl and ifconfig. We should consider
- implement additional BPF interface to handle raw 802.11 packet.
it seems that we've already reached the consensus. I have
some code fragment, but lack of hacking/testing time.
- design 802.11i implementation. I've once implement LEAP
for awi and an which are hardcoded in the driver, but we need
more general framework for various EAP methods, such as
EAP-TLS, PEAP, ...
Perhaps, these authentication should be done in application
level, just like dhcp, and should be shared with 802.1X over
- try to investigate a way to handle complex firmware as a
dumb MAC just like awi. if we can implement at least MAC
management frames in the kernel, we will share most of the
code among the wireless drivers.