Subject: Re: AX.25
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Prévotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/12/2002 23:05:30
And this is what I need :( unfortunately

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:02:44 +0200
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 06:35:27PM +0200, Christophe Prévotaux wrote:
> > Well no they are not ,and they are using AX25 which would be nice
> > to have under Free/Open/NetBSD
>
> AX25 level 2 is just a special subset of HDLC procedures. When you talk
> AX25 over it, for connecting to BBSes (thats one of the operating modes
> of Amateur packet radio) using their intelligent modems, you can use
> userland tools for it - there are a couple in pkgsrc.
>
> What we are missing, is implementing IP over AX25 lev. 2 in kernel, so that
> we can use our IP stack with it. Thats not really AX25, but just their HDLC
> mode.
>
> Regards,
> 	-is

Christophe Prevotaux      Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A.C Les Charmilles        Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
3 Allée Thierry Sabine   Direct: +33 (0)3 26 61 77 72
BP202                       Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51686 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE                   HEXANET Network Operation Center