Subject: PCI -> PCMCIA adaptor for 802.11b?
To: None <>
From: William R. Dickson <>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/24/2002 09:50:48
Hi all,

I've got an old WaveLAN Silver card lying around that I've been using in a
Newton.  The other day I ran across a $50 adaptor that plugs into a PCI
slot and holds an 802.11b PCMCIA card; I've been thinking about sticking
this in my NetBSD server (1.5.2, MacPPC) so I can stick it in an
out-of-the-way closet and reduce the noise in my office, without having to
string cable the full length of my condo.

Anybody used such an adaptor successfully?

 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968

	Poor little maroon.  So trusting.  So naive.

                              - Bugs Bunny