Subject: Re: no v4, slip this time
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/17/2002 14:19:39
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 07:44:05AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> Well, who knows, maybe someone else is in my situation and has been
> suffering with PPP links that don't always come back up and such.  And
> if nothing else, it'll do what *I* want; I've got enough other code
> that nobody else in the known universe is likely to be interestd in....

Since 1.5.2, I have had "pppd" exiting despite the "persist" option.
I know that previous versions were persistent but I'm insufficiently
skilled to identify and correct the problem.

Maybe whoever has tweaked the pppd code in recent times (I don't know
precisely, but 1.4.2, from memory, did not suffer from this problem)
knows how this could have arisen.

++L