Subject: Re: multiple copies of arp_lock_try()
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/24/2002 13:47:28
> 	another question - why do we need if_ieee1394arp.c?  i took a diff
> 	between if_arp.c and i saw almost no difference...

Hmm.  I can't recall the reason but it seems simply because 1394ARP is
defined differently from normal ARP.  It doesn't have target hardware
address, and the length of hardware address is defined as 16 rather
than 8 (IEEE1394_ADDR_LEN).

But as you see, we designed 1394 interface with address length 16 which is
the same format as 1394ARP.  The difference in code is minimal as a result.
So we may merge it into if_arp.c, though my knowledge about 1394 is almost
gone...

Atsushi Onoe