Subject: Re: more GRE changes
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/10/2002 12:24:52
>	pls take a look at 17202 - if we apply this patch, we can depart from
>	"inner address used for outer" model to "completely separate inner/
>	outer address" model.  do people object about the change?  i understand
>	there are backward compatibility concerns, and would like to know
>	how people are using gre interface currently.

	to clarify -
	if people are using like this, we are okay to pull this change in.
	# ifconfig gre0 A B
	# greconfig -i gre0 -s C -d D
	(now 2nd command should be "ifconfig gre0 tunnel C D")

	if people are using like this, we will impose additional config to them.
	# ifconfig gre0 A B
	(we will additionally need "ifconfig gre0 tunnel A B")

itojun