Subject: Mount_nfs and IPv4 vs IPv6
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/28/2002 18:11:35
So it turns out that PR 12802 is a little more serious than just
a CFS problem; I cannot do NFS mounts from at least one Red Hat
7.something box with a 2.2.9 kernel for what look like the same
reasons. (It's asking for IPv6 mountd when it's not available.)
It seems to me (though I might be wrong) that this could happen
with a lot of non-IPv6 servers, not just Linux. If so, it's rather
a shame that this bug is going out in the 1.6 release.

At any rate, can I suggest that, if we can't agree on the command
line arguments yet, we just hack in something temporary so that at
least mount_nfs works, and then continue the discussion of the best
way to do the command line arguments?

cjs