Subject: Re: [tcpdump-workers] Re: 802.11 libpcap support
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Guy Harris <guy@netapp.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/22/2002 18:58:08
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:46:33PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
>   I'm not sure that PPPoE matters because in most cases there is a PPPX
> device which one can use to capture just the PPP packets.

Does that also apply in the Ethernet-over-ATM and VLAN cases?  (Or is
that OS-dependent, with, say, some OSes having interfaces for VLANs as
well as an interface for the "raw" Ethernet, and others not doing so?)

(Yes, tunneling can be fun.  I'll have to dig up the frame relay capture
somebody sent me - it had something like IP inside Frame Relay inside
GRE inside IP inside Ethernet.)