Subject: Re: Change/Clone a MAC/NIC Address?
To: Gene ENonymous <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/07/2002 16:53:38
On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:12:55PM +0000, Gene ENonymous wrote:
> My basic question is, can I change the MAC address in the internal
> ethernet interface of my Centris 650 (sn0)?

The only way to do this rigth now it to hack the driver source.
The ethernet address is passed a second parameter of ether_ifattach().
You'll also have to find where the adapter is set up to recognise this
address. For most adapters the driver has to extract the MAC address from
a prom and copy it to some register (and pass it to ether_ifattach()).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>