Subject: Re: setting up IPv6
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/07/2002 20:06:29
> If you have a properly configured rtadvd running on a LAN, all you need is
> ip6mode=autohost and rtsol=yes in /etc/rc.conf and that's it.

I've got in rc.conf on the main box:
ip6mode="router"
rtsol=NO
rtadvd=YES rtadvd_flags="tl0"
(from http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/ipv6's suggestions)

So I'm assuming for the others I want:
ip6mode="autohost"
rtsol=YES rtsol_flags=<iface>

right?
And I'm not going to be doing 6to4, at least not right away, will rtadvd/etc
interfere with my currently working NAT configuration, if the internet link only
does IPv4? or will it only take effect on the LAN, since I only have rtadvd
configured for tl0? (tl0 is the internal iface on the router, tl1 is external)

And as for the docs in your .sig, I was hoping you'd reply to my message because
I knew your sig had those and I had forgotten the addies ;)

Thanks
-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive