Subject: Re: identd with NAT and IPv6 support.
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/28/2002 15:40:45
On Mar 28, 11:01am, Tim Rightnour wrote:
>The only argument I have for keeping identd, is that there are some internet
>facilities, like certain IRC servers, that refuse your connection if you don't
>have it.  It would be unfortunate to not provide it to users because we think
>it's a stupid idea.  Yes it's stupid, but some of our users might want to use
>IRC.

My point-of-presence on the 'Net (mail, web, ftp -- eskimo.com) requires
identd for all connections except to the web server.  If one is not running
it, they don't get entirely refused, but they have to wait for the probe to
time out. :(

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Malek's Law:
	Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.