Subject: Re: vmware lance emulation
To: None <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: TATEOKA Takamichi <tate@tateoka.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/25/2002 23:46:14
  hi,

From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
> In some email I received from itojun@iijlab.net, sie wrote:
> > 	vmware lance emulation has bug in multicast (it copies outgoing
 [snip]
> Do you see the same problem with the pcn driver?
>
> Apparently the lance driver isn't the best one to use with vmware.

  I tried NetBSD (as guest OS) on VMware 3.0 for Windows2000 (as
host).

  When guest OS is NetBSD 1.5.2, it worked with "le" driver, and IPv6
DAD was failed because of a bug in multicast handling.

  When guest OS is NetBSD 1.5ZA (snapshot/20020219-1.5ZA), it worked
with "pcn" driver, and IPv6 DAD seemed to work.  It got IPv6 prefix
with rtsol command, and transfered files with ftp without problems.
  I did not do any other tests.

Thanks,
TATEOKA, Takamichi (tate@tateoka.org)