Subject: Re: Ethernet Bridging
To: Blair Stilwell <netbsd@hammock.com>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@smtp.mn.mediaone.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/01/2002 23:11:41
On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 03:22:31PM -0600, Blair Stilwell wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience using the user space bridged ethernet
> bridge in combination with IPF kernel level firewalling?  I'd like to
> create an IP-less bridging firewall with a G3 I have containing three NICs.

"User space bridged ethernet bridge"?  Could you please tell me where you
got this code.  I've been writing my own lately.

> Also, is there any working kernel level bridging support in -current, or
> is that still in development?  I am willing to do some
> testing/breaking/debugging. =)

bridging is in -current.  However, you can't filter it.  That bit was
removed when the bridging code was ported from OpenBSD.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."