Subject: a sendmail question
To: tech-net <>
From: Daryl Williams <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/20/2002 16:21:15
i am trying to get sendmail to forward emails addressed to me at my
local domain
to be forwarded to another server in another domain. i have placed
myself in the
local alias file:

and put "" in the /etc/mail/relay-domains, however the
never seems to make it off the local domain server. i have tried placing my
local domainname in the /etc/local-host-names file of the remote server but
that didn't help and as i said, the mail doesn't seem to leave my local
server when i monitor the logs.

i have read the sendmail faq at and question 4.5 seems to
this, however that did not work either. anyone have any ideas? they
would be
much appreciated...

thanks in advance,