Subject: Re: pppoe problem
To: Christopher Vance <vance@aurema.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/14/2001 09:10:12
> However, whenever I try to update yellow or blue using cvsup, I've had
> the connection terminated with a write error after about 200kB of
> traffic.

This sounds like a path mtu discovery blackhole. Without MSS clamping
you won't be able to fix this.

> (I'm not convinced ifwatchd is working yet, and getting the default
> route installed was a pain, but I seem to have done it.)

It works if your -current is not older than ~ Dec 11.
There is now a pppoe(4) man page, explaining how to set it all up, including
the routing. I'm using pppoe without link1 flag (so it connects imediately)
and have "route add default $3" in my /etc/ppp/ip-up script (and a coresponding
"route delete default" in /etc/ppp/ip-down).

Martin