Subject: Re: Patch for timiting TCP MSS (i.e. for new PPPoE)
To: Darren Reed <>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/05/2001 10:12:48
Darren Reed <> wrote on Wed,  5 Dec 2001
at 09:33:22 +1100 in <>:

> I hope that this is a symptom of it being a fairly old version and that it
> is fixed in the current code.  IPFilter 3.4.22 is the current revision:
> Of course, releng aren't interested in seeing it merged onto the 1.5 branch
> (according to the last comment from them) either.

I would like to clarify. We would rather not see ipfilter updated on
the branch, unless there's a compelling reason to do so. Potentially
this is such a reason; certainly both bugs and features may be such
reasons, though the smaller the change, the more easy it is to integrate.

Specifically, any change that goes on the netbsd-1-5 branch has to be
done first in -current (again, unless there is a compelling reason

In October, you inquired about 3.4.21 in the netbsd-1-5 branch, and
you were asked to assess what sort of changes this would result in.