Subject: Re: VLAN and netstart
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/04/2001 10:43:20
In some email I received from Michael Graff, sie wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> writes:
>
> > It is, at last in -current. I didn't check 1.5.x
> >
> > For the ipf problem: I ran into this with pppoe too. I think I just put
> > an ipfilter reload in my /etc/netstart.local; but true, it's ugly.
>
> That's what I did as well, but I don't like it.  :)

you should just load the rules as normal and put "ipf -y" in the
netstart.local or wherever.

what'd be nice is if there was a way to automagically notify things
inside the kernel of other kernel events.  a daemon which received
routing socket info. packets (interface up/down, ip# change, etc)
that told ipfilter something had happened would be another way to go,
perhaps