Subject: Re: PF_PACKET ???
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/21/2001 14:08:27
>>I thought Jason Thorpe was making NetBSD's bpf into a cloning device?
>
>pending work on devvp or some such, yes, i believe so.  but that was
>to get around the requirement that you build support for "n" bpf
>devices into your kernel at compile time, not in a manner that would
>affect this.

I dont see that as a significant issue. Demux state (encoding what
packets to deliver to a specific instance) and a queue (for
as-yet-unread packets), is demux state and a queue, however you slice
it.

I thought Nick Amato's point was of PF_PACKET finessed exactly
the config-time limit -- which Jason is doing away with.