Subject: about src.tgz
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: susan hayes <susan0101@hotmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/04/2001 15:54:47
   Thanks for your help.Sorry for not making the problem clear.
   I first installed the netbsd-1.5.1(i386) kernel source from syssrc.tar.
It is OK to rebuild the kernel. Now I want to rebuild ipf. I just extracted
/usr/src/dist/ipf directory from the src.tgz. When I type "make" under
/usr/src/dist/ipf/ directory, the make report errors.
   I just want to rebuild ipf, do I need to expand the whole src.tgz file(it
is a large file)? And I have another question? If I install the files in the
src.tgz file, is there any conflict with my kernel files (included in the
syssrc.tgz).
   I think that syssrc.tgz include the kernel source. What does the src.tgz
is for? How do I add the src.tgz into the source tree expanded by
syssrc.tgz?

Thanks in advance.

susan