Subject: Re: ipf, ipv6 & arp questions
To: None <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/16/2001 01:10:38
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Tomi Nylund wrote:
>    2) How to publish arp info correctly, so that my gateway does
>    not answer to arp queries from inside the subnet, only to the
> outside?

Funny, Marius Strobl (CC'd) told me about this problem a week ago. It
seems this is a fundamental flaw in the BSD network stack in that it
doesn't keep arp-entries per-interface for all interfaces. Solution would
be to add a interface in the kernel list for which interface the arp entry
is valid - unfortunately that's not done right now.

There seems to be a solution that involves some userland daemon, but I
don't know which one. I'll let Marius answer this. ;)

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->