Subject: Re: ipv6 ppp / uvm panic
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/10/2001 22:40:40
itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

	ifconfig(8) should work fine... i have never seen such a panic.

[ refering to my report of a panic as pppd started ]

Well, I've done it twice in a row, then I moved ifconfig.ppp0 to
old.ifconfig.ppp0 while at single user and let it continue to boot.
It started up just fine.  I'd try to debug the crash, or at least
get something useful out of it, but both of them faulted on the
dump as well, so it may not be the easiest to track down.

I'm grabbing the sources right now to recompile with some better
debugging tools, provided someone is curious.  (Otherwise, I'll
probably just build a custom kernel, rather than GENERIC+DDB.)

Jon