Subject: Re: nd6_lookup: failed to add route... noise with freenet6 tunnel
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/15/2001 21:02:02
>  | 	the script is broken then.
>Yes, in lots of ways...
>
>Still, I'm not sure that this needs to be a problem, in the BSD
>net code, it was always the case that configuring the dest addr
>field (ie: making a point to point link) would cause most of the
>rest of the parameters to be ignored for forwarding - ie: it doesn't
>matter what the subnet mask is, packets just get sent to the destination
>selected.

	I don't see your point.  which configuration are you talking about?
	(1) # ifconfig p2p0 inet6 A B prefixlen 64 alias
	(2) # ifconfig p2p0 inet6 A B prefixlen 128 alias
	(3) # ifconfig p2p0 inet6 A prefixlen 64

	with the lastet KAME, (1) is illegal and rejected.  (2) and (3) works
	happily.  maybe we should ignore netmask on (1) configuration and treat
	it as (2).  don't remember why we did not do so.

itojun