Subject: Re: getaddrinfo() and PF_LOCAL
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Barron <sb125499@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/01/2001 19:28:43
I don't think I'd call it stupid, I can see your point.  I'm interested to
know what you had in mind for replacing it.  Would the kernel just keep the
"paths" in a table or some similar mechanism?  This would seem to eliminate
the need to check for stale files and whatnot.  Would this port easily?  I
would think so since it would be internal to the kernel but I've never had
the fine experience of porting this type of stuff to another architecture.

-Scott