Subject: Re: TCP send buffer free space
To: None <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Gantose <gantose@grc.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/09/2001 12:06:30
Yes, another reasonable suggestion. Unfortunately, I have no control over
the client. The spec says to establish this one server socket. The master
controller will then make a connection and accept and forward my messages
to the (single) final destination.

By the way, to the master controller, a playback packet looks the same as
a realtime packet. So even if it were willing to help with flow control of
playback data (which it is not), it couldn't tell the difference.

I *could* just hardcode some slow-down factor into the playback data
process. That is, send a little, sleep a little, send a little, sleep a
little,... But that seems so inflexible--and inefficient if the bandwidth
is not being used for other things.

Dave Gantose
Zin Tech