Subject: TCP_DEBUG plus TCP_COMPAT_42
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/08/2001 17:01:23
	TCP_DEBUG (update on earlier mail)

	TCPDEBUG is not enabled by default, leaving tcp_trace() to keep a
	record of the last TCP_NDEBUG debug packets, but no option to
	display them. I'd like to rename TCPDEBUG to TCP_DEBUG, plus make
	it compile out tcp_trace() entirely when not defined. To enable
	console output tcpconsdebug still needs to be set anyway. I'll add
	a commented out TCP_DEBUG to all GENERICs and similar. Net result:
	31K saving on an INET enabled i386 kernel.

	TCP_COMPAT_42

	We still enable this in a smattering of config files - any
	objections to commenting this out on all configs by default?
--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --