Subject: Re: releasing IP
To: <>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8yvin?= Halfdan Thuv <thuv@nextra.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/28/2001 00:01:49
Øyvin Halfdan Thuv wrote:

> In e.g. windoze you can release and renew IP adresses for an adapter.
> How
> can you do this on netbsd?(and what does it do? does it query the
> DHCP-server in any way?)

Hmm.. I was a little quick about sending this one away. I forgot to
describe my actual problem. What is happening is that I have bougt
myself an internet connection through cable modem, and the ISP assigns
IP adresses dynamically. Therefore I have setup NetBSD to obtain IP as a
DHCP-client. The problem is that I just get an "no DHCPOFFERS recieved"
when dhcpclient starts. I have link with the modem, and the modem blinks
on send and recieve with a frequency of a few seconds when I run
dhclient. It goes like:
send blinks, and recieve blink just a second after...then after a few
second the samething happens again, until dhclient gives up and the
error message shows.

so, that was it ...

again, thanks in advance :)

--