Subject: Re: Bug or Feature
To: None <>
From: Radivoje Todorovic <>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/20/2001 09:08:10
Seems you didn't read my email carefully....
Here is what I wrote:

"Now I did the following set of operations:
1) ifconfig bla0 netmask
This changed the last entry in the "ifconfig -a" output to

bla0: flags=8800<SIMPLEX, MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet    netmask 0xffffff00

At the same time in the routing output is the following entry added:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu
10.0.5/24              U           0        0         -

and now I could see the problem in /var/log/messages:
rtinit: wrong ifa (oxaaaaaa) was (oxbbbbbb)"

As you can see the command that I gave was
"ifconfig bla0 netmask"

Please help