Subject: using tcpdump source code from
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/15/2001 15:41:41
	i would like to propose the following.  diffs with is
	keep growing and it is very annoying to maintain two source codebase,
	especially when we need to be careful about buffer overrun and other

	at this moment major differences are in the following portion.
	i will try my best so that we will keep (and bring back to
	every local additions.

steps i would like to take:

0. remove old source code in src/usr.sbin/tcpdump.
1. import tcpdump source code from into src/dist/tcpdump.
2. put reachover makefile into src/usr.sbin/tcpdump.
3. we try to keep changes minimal in src/dist/tcpdump (every change must go
   back to

items that NetBSD is advanced:
- linkaddr_string()
- nfs (FHT_NETBSDEB is netbsd-only)
items that is advanced:
- pppoe decoding
	DLT_PPP_ETHER does not seem right to me.
- bootp/dhcp
- ppp
- IPsec ESP decipher
- gre
- llc snap
- pim
items that i'm not sure which is better:
- SNMP MIB decoding
- iso clns
- token ring