Subject: Re: low performance on intel fxp driver
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/11/2001 00:45:17
> When running the netio client against a Win2K server (using a tlp card in
> the NetBSD machine and a via rhine one in the Win2K) I get this:

Oops, forgot to paste "this":

Packet size  1 KByte:   4849 KByte/s
Packet size  2 KByte:   4929 KByte/s
Packet size  4 KByte: send(): Inappropriate ioctl for device
  4947 KByte/s
Packet size  8 KByte: send(): Inappropriate ioctl for device
  4952 KByte/s
Packet size 16 KByte: send(): Inappropriate ioctl for device
  4928 KByte/s
Packet size 32 KByte: send(): Inappropriate ioctl for device
  4943 KByte/s

Note: while this is very bad performance for a full-duplex 100baseT connection,
the results do not vary (much) depending on packet size.

Martin