Subject: Re: low performance on intel fxp driver
To: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/11/2001 00:39:35
It's not only fxp, I see the same with the tlp driver in -current:

When running the netio client against a Win2K server (using a tlp card in
the NetBSD machine and a via rhine one in the Win2K) I get this:

The opposite direction, using the NetBSD machine as server results in about
11K/s on the Win2K client.

Testing against another NetBSD machine (sparc64 using hme, unfortunately in
half-duplex mode due to autonegotiation problems in the hme/nsphy driver) I
get this when the i386 with tlp is server:

Packet size  1 KByte:   7812 KByte/s
Packet size  2 KByte:   8090 KByte/s
Packet size  4 KByte:   7888 KByte/s
Packet size  8 KByte:   7973 KByte/s
Packet size 16 KByte:   8023 KByte/s
Packet size 32 KByte:   7982 KByte/s

and this when the sun is server and the i386 is client:

Packet size  1 KByte:   4770 KByte/s
Packet size  2 KByte:   4843 KByte/s
Packet size  4 KByte:   4859 KByte/s
Packet size  8 KByte:   4855 KByte/s