Subject: Re: NAT+IPF+IPsec?
To: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu.rinta-aho@iki.fi>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/30/2001 11:33:22
Thanks for the comments.

For clarification, what I would like is the following:

          +----------------------------------+
          |             +-------ESP-------+  |
          +  +--+       +-ESP-+     +-ESP-+  +
my_workstation  my_server     bastion     work_server

I have successfully configured the ESP tunnels above,
being able to access my work_server from my_server
just fine through various firewalls. The only thing is
that the network between my_workstation and my_server
uses private addresses, and my_workstation usually
uses NAT for Internet access.

I don't care to run IPsec directly from my_workstation to
anywhere at the moment, but I would like my_server
to tunnel the packets between my_workstation and
the work_server... Now if that should work, I probably
start trying to configure it!

BR,
Teemu

 Teemu Rinta-aho | teemu.rinta-aho@iki.fi | +358 40 562 3066