Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/28/2001 11:29:09
OK, I'm confused if ether_ioctl() internally calls driver_init() at
ENETRESET case.

> 	do we always want to hide ENETRESET, like below?
> 	i mean, isn't it specific to SIOCADD/DELMULTI?

ENETRESET is only used for multicast filter for ethernet drivers, AFAIK.
And you can see similar code in several drivers, which mostly written
by Jason.

Anyway, there are some bugs around promisc mode for an driver.  But
I have a difficulties to sync with my working code, which is modified
to support LEAP for Aironet 350 series, and worse, running on NetBSD 1.5
to work with vmware...

Atsushi