Subject: Re: vmware and IPv6 DAD
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/15/2001 16:34:59
> 	i got a report that basically says, "IPv6 does not work on
> 	netbsd-on-vmware, because of duplicated address detection failure".
>
> 	i guess some change similar to this one has to be put into le driver.
> 	http://orange.kame.net/dev/cvsweb.cgi/kame/freebsd4/sys/i386/isa/if_lnc.c.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6
> 	any testers?  i have no vmware.

The actual work for vmware network interfaces is done inside vmware's
vmnet LKM. Any problems should be fixed there, not in the driver for
lance cards. So, if this on vmware running on FreeBSD, contact the
author of the FreeBSD vmnet LKM. If this is vmware running on NetBSD,
send me details about what exactly goes wrong, and I'll have a peek.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/