Subject: PMTUD blackhole detection, need a flag bit
To: None <email@example.com>
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 05/09/2001 18:33:04
i guess i need a flag bit onto a routing table, for PMTUD blackhole
detection. the problem i have is expressed in the following comment
* XXX: RTV_MTU is overloaded, since the admin can set it
* to turn off PMTU for a route, and the kernel can
* set it to indicate a serious problem with PMTU
* on a route. We should be using a separate flag
* for the kernel to indicate this.
not sure if PMTUD blackhole detection is a generic sys/net problem,
or a problem just for sys/netinet. anyway we have RTV_MTU behavior
already in sys/net so I guess it is okay to add another bit for
PMTUD blackhole detection.
now, does it seem okay to add RTV_xx value that does not correspond to
members of rt_metrics?
btw - who is using rmx_pksent in rt_metrics? what is it for?