Subject: etc/rc.d/network: ! syntax in /etc/ifconfig.*
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: HEO SeonMeyong <seirios@Matrix.iri.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/02/2001 19:25:56
	許です。

Date: 05/01/2001 12:06:25
>>	do people think it good to pull this up to 1.5?  i personally love
>>	this configuration, not sure if people likes it.
>>	if people likes it, i guess i should send a pullup request.
>>	it is friendly with existing configurations (no breakage).

	I want to pull up this feature.
	And I want to use "ifconfig gif* create" on 1.5(1.5.1?)
	Both of this feature makes me to generate IPv6 tunnel router.

	I want to use both features about followings

-----
# cat ifconfig.gif0
create
tunnel xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
! /sbin/ping6 -c 1 -w ff02::1%gm0 | awk '/bytes from/{print $5}' | mail -s "gif0 tunnel destination" root
-----

HEO