Subject: Re: BOOTPD & DHCPD
To: None <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/30/2001 21:28:23
On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 01:51:00PM -0500, wrote:
> Please let me know if this post is more appropriate for
> or some other group
> I have a need to run BOOTPD and DHCPD on the same physical box.  Both daemons
> will need to retain their standard port 67.  I have several IP aliases and
> multiple NIC's on the particular machine I wish to use.

Uhm, bootpd and dhcpd, or just bootp and dhcp service? dhcpd can do both; [1]
It even was sort of obvious from the dhcpd docs how to do it, as far as i
remember, but I'll forward my configuration information if you like.

> The "why" behind this need is long and complex - ask if you dare.

If you really need both daemons, I'm not sure I really want to know.

[1] dhcp is an extension to the original bootp protocol, so this is to be