To: None <>
From: None <>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/30/2001 13:51:00
Please let me know if this post is more appropriate for
or some other group

I have a need to run BOOTPD and DHCPD on the same physical box.  Both daemons
will need to retain their standard port 67.  I have several IP aliases and
multiple NIC's on the particular machine I wish to use.

My question or observation is that the docs and man pages do not seem to
contain much information on how I bind BOOTPD to a specific interface or IP
alias.  DHCPD seems to suffer similarly.  Does any body know if it is possible
to force DHCPD and BOOTPD to bind to a specific interface / IP address ?  If
this is possible, where and how in the config file is this accomplished ?

The "why" behind this need is long and complex - ask if you dare.