Subject: SSH/Telnet/FTP
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8yvin_Halfdan_Thuv?= <netbsd@online.no>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/14/2001 10:54:55

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0C4D1.56F8D190

I've got only a few more steps left to finally make my NetBSD macine =
totally remote-controllable, so I never have to open my "server-closet" =
again. X-Window runs just fine with the display on my Amiga (though a =
little slow), so what I need is to be able to login using Telnet or SSH, =
and ftp access(to e.g. start X-clients). The problem is that I only get =
connection refused both with Telnet and FTP. Using ftp on the NetBSD =
side to the amiga works fine. However, Telnet'ing into NetBSD does not =
work either from the amiga, nor the NetBSD machine itself. I have edited =
/etc/hosts.equiv (only for rsh?)and /etc/ftpusers, but I still cannot =
connect. What am I overseeing?

Tanks in advance,

--
=D8yvin

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0C4D1.56F8D190

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've got only a few more steps left to =
finally make=20
my NetBSD macine totally remote-controllable, so I never have to open my =

"server-closet" again. X-Window runs just fine with the display on my =
Amiga=20
(though a little slow), so what I need is to be able to login using =
Telnet or=20
SSH, and ftp access(to e.g. start X-clients). The problem is that I only =
get=20
connection refused both with Telnet and FTP. Using ftp on the NetBSD =
side to the=20
amiga works fine. However, Telnet'ing into NetBSD does not work either =
from the=20
amiga, nor the NetBSD machine itself. I have edited /etc/hosts.equiv =
(only for=20
rsh?)and /etc/ftpusers, but I still cannot connect. What am I=20
overseeing?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>=D8yvin</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0C4D1.56F8D190--