Subject: Re: multiple network interfaces
To: None <,>
From: Douglas Egan <>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/22/2001 11:47:49
Sorry for my late reply, I appreciate your quick answer.

I needed to get something running quickly so I dropped back to one card, and
haven't tried this again.  Next week I will have some more time to troubleshoot
this again.

I would agree that it should be a no-brainer, and I was expecting just what
you described, that I should be able to ping each interface from its own subnet.

With PNP ISA cards, (which I am using for one interface 3c509) I booted DOS
and configured the card for PNP.  I was going to try to hardcode the address
and irq in the kernel conf file to see if that makes any difference.

Doug Egan