Subject: Re: mbone tunnel (vif) users?
To: None <>
From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/16/2001 10:58:03
Actually, new mrouting kernel code to support PIM-SMv2 and PIM-DM has
been tested by gated team toward its final release. (I heard it's not
completely finished but almost done.)
Target OSes are [Net|Free|Open]BSD, and modified kernel would support
every PIM capable routing daemon, which means pimd, pimdd, and gated,
as long as I know.

This patch can be obtained from;
("tmp" may show test is on going.:)

As for NetBSD, patches for 1.4.2, 1.4.3, and 1.5 are in public. And if
you are interested in playing with the patch on NetBSD-current (cvs
from 14/Mar/2001), please contact me.
Some people would be glad to hear your report.

> 	i have a patch to retire sys/netinet/ip_mroute.c:mrt_ipip_input()
> 	and use sys/netinet/ip_encap.c framework, in multicast tunnel (vif)
> 	processing.  if you can test this in your environment,
> 	please contact me.

I'd like to see your changes.

Hitoshi Asaeda