Subject: arp
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@research.att.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/14/2001 21:01:27
what is the proper way to remove all arp entries for a specific
interface?   i was hoping that they would go away as an effect of
"ifconfig ex0 0.0.0.0 down" but that is not the case.

the reason i'm asking is because i frequently move my laptop from
the IP network at work (where all servers are local and have arp
entries) to my IP network at home where these servers are reached
through a gateway.   i find that i can't talk to the servers from
home until i wait for the arp entries expire or i remove them by
hand with "arp -d"...

chuck