Subject: Re: static arp
To: Jason R Thorpe , Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/06/2001 16:06:21
On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:58:48PM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 03:50:33PM -0500, Mipam wrote:
>
>  > Is it possible to have a static arp table in any other way then hacking the
>  > ip stack for it?
>  > Bye,
>
> At boot time just use the arp(8) command to add the static arp entries?

Thanks, yes i allrdy do have it to add with the permanent option included.
But after that the arp table will keep learning and listening for more
entries. I mean a table with some static entries which wont be changed
any more. So the table is fixed, no other arp entries are exepted anymore.
For example in a dmz this would make sense.
Bye,

Mipam.