Subject: Re: regenerating genericstable etc.
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/31/2001 13:15:54
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: > If sendmail will regen these on startup, why does /etc/rc.d/sendmail have
: > to?
: I don't konw if sendmail can update anything other than aliases(.db).
: But I see no harm i having the code in there in case someone removes
: the update-code from his .cf file for some reason.

Well, the various *table database files are also customizable as to their
names and locations (and they aren't necessarily the only such files).  So
hardcoding all these names is probably a bad idea *if* sendmail will regen
the .db's at startup automatically--a condition which I do not know.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --