Subject: Re: regenerating genericstable etc.
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/31/2001 19:07:47
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:
> : right now, /etc/rc.d/sendmail contains code to regenerate aliases,
> : genericstable etc. on startup, if needed. I wonder if we shouldn't offer
> : regenerating them without restarting sendmail?
>
> If sendmail will regen these on startup, why does /etc/rc.d/sendmail have
> to?

I don't konw if sendmail can update anything other than aliases(.db).
But I see no harm i having the code in there in case someone removes
the update-code from his .cf file for some reason.

The point I was asking is if we could de-couple the (manual) updating from
rc.d.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>