Subject: Re: racoon and isakmpd comp.
To: None <mipam@ibb.net>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/23/2001 02:34:44
>In order to make use of IKE you have to use racoon or isakmpd.
>on both sites the conf must be exactly the same in order to make ipsec work.
>However, suppose one site uses racoon and the other isakmpd, would
>it be possible that that is gonna work, or is racoon only gonna work
>when on the other site also racoon is installed in which cases there
>is little compatibility in either racoon or isakmpd.
>Bye,

	they both implements the same protocol (IKE).  IKE is quite complex
	protocol, but we have been testing interoperability between the two
	(and with other implementations).  so if you configure them *exactly*
	the same, they can exchange IPsec secrets just fine.

	yes, it takes time to configure different implementations to speak
	the same configuration.

itojun