Subject: Re: racoon and isakmpd comp.
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/23/2001 02:34:44
>In order to make use of IKE you have to use racoon or isakmpd.
>on both sites the conf must be exactly the same in order to make ipsec work.
>However, suppose one site uses racoon and the other isakmpd, would
>it be possible that that is gonna work, or is racoon only gonna work
>when on the other site also racoon is installed in which cases there
>is little compatibility in either racoon or isakmpd.

	they both implements the same protocol (IKE).  IKE is quite complex
	protocol, but we have been testing interoperability between the two
	(and with other implementations).  so if you configure them *exactly*
	the same, they can exchange IPsec secrets just fine.

	yes, it takes time to configure different implementations to speak
	the same configuration.