Subject: Re: IPv6 capable tun
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/08/2001 09:19:37
>>>>> "itojun" == itojun  <itojun@iijlab.net> writes:
    itojun> 	I've checked the PR.  i'm not sure if it is right to peep
    itojun> 	L3 header...

  Two questions:
  1) if peeing the header is the right thing to do, is this the right way to
    do it?

  2) tun0 seems to assume that things were IPv4. Why would assuming IP be any
  worse than what we had before?
	I realize that many people want a more general tunnel device.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[