Subject: Re: IPSec w. IPv4 Wierdness
To: None <>
From: Michael Richardson <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/03/2001 13:27:16
    >> I finally gave the newest racoon a whirl with the TimeStep PERMIT
    >> gateway at work. Phase 2, no problem... but I didn't get
    >> the inside of my tunnel.  I need to use an address assigned to me by
    >> the PERMIT.  Itojun, do you know what extension they implemented?

    itojun> i do not remember.  if you could gather full logs using: % script
    itojun> /tmp/foo % racoon -F -d 0xffffffff (run in foreground) it may
    itojun> help.

  I'll grab that in a minute.
  There are some other tests that I want to do first...

    itojun> (there could be pcb source address selection issues in that
    itojun> case...)

  I'd like to do something like:

  ifconfig lo1 inet up
	       (whatever was assigned by the gateway)

  except that "lo" isn't right, as I actually want the packets to be
IPsec encapsulated. This is where the explicit tunnel devices of NRL were
very nice.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[