Subject: Re: IPv6
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/15/2000 13:05:20
On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 10:06:54PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
> I have gone over the entire FAQ from the web site www.netbsd.org on IPv6, and
> studied the KAME www.kame.net site pages. And I am confused. Support is
> indicated for Versions after 1.4.

After 1.4.x. In -current, it has been integrated a while ago, and it will be
in the 1.5 release.

> But that is where it leads off. How is it
> accomplished? Do I have to download the stack, from KAME location?

If you want to use IPv6 with 1.4.2 or 1.4.3, yes.

> Also add the script additions that I have noticed?

Which ones? The KAME installation instructions and the NetBSD v6 FAQ should
tell you what you need to add for 1.4-ish NetBSD.

> Also the Freenet discussion is also confusing. Is there a routing
> problem with Freenet?

Uhm, Freenet6.org. I have no idea myself, but what people reported on this
mailing list, seems to indicate this, or an misconfiguration at the users'
end.

> And now the relevant question: I have a dynamic connection to my ISP,
> exactly what can be accomplished from there? Is that where I contact Freenet
> to set up something from there?

Unless your ISP doesn't provide you native IPv6 routing, yes, Freenet6 is the
only way to go.

Regards,
	-is