Subject: Re: openssh in netbsd
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/30/2000 17:24:15
On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 10:38:29AM -0700, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> At 3:03 PM +0200 9/29/00, Markus Friedl wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 09:19:47PM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > > 	it looks that there's an independent (clean room)
> >implementation effort.
> > > 	Jason Thorpe eagered to import the new effort, but as it was premature,
> > > 	he imported openssh for now and planning to switch to the new one.
> > > 	i don't have the URL, but you may want to ask someone on
> > > 	tech-net@netbsd.org.
> >
> >itojun thinks i should ask this list, so: do you have any pointers,
> >urls or other information about this independent implementation of a
> >secure shell for netbsd?
>
> Openssh is a clean-room implementation of ssh, yes.  It's already
> available in pkgsrc if you want it.  I gather you are asking about
> integration/bundling with the regular NetBSD distributions and I
> can't address that.

itojun isn't talking about openssh here, but about an independant, written
from scratch ssh implementation, which isn't yet available to public (from
what I've heard the authors don't want to make it public until all the features
we can wait from a ssh are implemented).

From what I can see in the sources openssh is derived from ssh-1.2.12.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>