Subject: Re: Reserved port range patches
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/24/2000 14:53:32
[ On , August 24, 2000 at 17:32:34 (GMT), Matthias Scheler wrote: ]
> Subject: Reserved port range patches
> 	Hello,
> as a fix for PR kern/10880 I inventend two new sysctl variables called
> "net.inet.ip.resvportmin" and "net.inet.ip.resvportmax" which control
> the range of reserved ports.
> Any objections to commit this?

It would: a) be nice if they were named the same as in FreeBSD; b) be
nice if they were accompanied by the other pair from FreeBSD; and c) be
even nicer if they behaved the same way as they do in FreeBSD (i.e. that
the range can be specified in high-to-low order to do the allocation
from top down).....  The code to actually implement the allocation in
this way should copy directly from FreeBSD so far as I can tell (though
of course NetBSD's sysctl variable definitions are done differently)

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>